Monday, June 8, 2009

More random creativity...

I just had on WFAN (my first mistake) and I decided to hear what Mike Francesa was discussing on his show today (my second mistake) and of course, I had to tune in for his daily "Joba should be in the bullpen" rant. Apparently allowing 3 runs on 4 hits through 6 innings of Yesterday's game is just terrible. Against a depleted Ray's lineup, he should've pitched a no hitter. But, I guess then again, if he had done that Francesa would've beaten Joba to death for walking a better. But, if he had pitched a perfect game, he would've gotten on Joba for using too many pitches or something.

Look, I get it. Francesa wants Joba in the pen. It doesn't matter what Chamberlain does this season, next season or 10 years from now. He could retire as the greatest starting pitcher since Cy Young and Francesa would be sitting in his rocking chair 25 years from now, being given a diet coke intravenously and he'd still say Joba should've been the Yankees set-up man and future closer. If you think I'm being over-zealous, just listen to the man for 10 minutes and you'll have two emotions come over you. 1) You'll want to call up his show and just tell him how much of a moron he is...And you'll try and you'll be on hold for 45 minutes and never get through (Believe me, I go through that same emotion daily) and 2) You'll want to drive to the studio where he does his show and beat him to death with your shoe (Believe me, I've looked up the address and am ready to go whenever you are)

I swear though, Francesa's show is like being addicted to heroin. You know it's bad for you, you know it's going to have harmful effects on your health, but you do it anyway. I know listening to Francesa is bad for me, I know it's going to make me so angry I'll suffer a massive coronary one day. But, I still listen. I'm still hoping for that ONE day that he gets it. That he understands the intricacies of sports and all the knowledge he's missing out on attaining. Do some research Mike. Look up a stat on your own. LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS! I know I'm not right all the time. Hell, I'm probably wrong 95% of the time, but I don't just shoot down other's opinions. It's maddening to me that every single day Francesa just starts screaming at some guy who calls into his show, simply because his opinion doesn't match his own.

Maybe he's ignorant. Maybe he's thickheaded. Maybe he's too dumb for his own good. Whatever it is, Francesa will never allow somebody else to get their point across without being dismissed and belittled. And frankly, I reached my tipping point at about 3:47pm on June 8th, 2009. It is because of this, that I now present to you, "You give sports a bad name", a parody of the famous Bon Jovi song "You give love a bad name."

Take a look, hum it in your head. It's catchy. It's true. It's because of Mike Francesa that I'm putting off Graduate school work to relay my anger to you, my ranting readers.


Sung to the tune of "You give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi

You give sports a bad name

Pierced through the ears and it's a shame
Mikey, you give sports a bad name

An idiot's knowledge is what you boast
Without Dog, you're just a terrible host
Too much anger, you're such a schmuck
Ya eat too much, you need a tummy tuck

Oh! You weigh a ton, yeah
Oh! And you're just no fun
No one can save you
The show should be done

Pierced through the ears and it's a shame
You give sports a bad name
(Bad name)
Moron's who listen just give you fame
You give sports a bad name
(Bad name)
Hey, you give sports a bad name

Diet Coke's in your dreams
Joba to the pen is all he screams
It's what we need and I ask why
Your sports talk is weak and your humor is dry

Whoa! You weigh a ton
Whoa! And you're just no fun
No one can save you
The show should be done

Pierced through the ears and it's a shame
You give sports a bad name
(Bad name)
Moron's who listen just give you fame
You give sports a bad name
(Bad name)
You give sports, oh!

Oh! Pierced through the ears and it's a shame
You give sports a bad name
Moron's who listen just give you fame
You give sports a bad name

No comments:

Post a Comment